What is an Electric Meat Stuffer?
A meat stuffer also known as the sausage stuffer is a kitchen appliance or tool used to make sausages at home. There are different type of meat stuffers including the manual and the electric meat stuffer. Also, the meat stuffers come as an attachment for meat grinders or as a stand-alone tool. If you want to make sausages at home, consider buying a meat stuffer.
Why Should Consider Buying an Electric Meat Stuffer
Sausages or stuffed meat are cured/ ground meat made by stuffing blended meat with spices and seasoning of choice. You can cook, smoke or dry the stuffed meat to make them last longer.
Here are the reasons why you should consider buying an electric meat stuffer:
1. Fresh Sausages- if you want to enjoy fresh sausages, you can easily make them at home using a meat stuffer. You can eat the sausages within a few days or you can freeze them for up to six months.
2. Controlled Spices and Seasoning- when you making own stuffed meat, you are free to use the spices and seasoning of choice.
3. Fast and Convenient- An electric meat stuffer allows you to make homemade sausages and fast. The VEVOR electric meat stuffer is easy to use.
5 Tips for Choosing the Best Electric Meat Stuffer
1. The Power Output- it one of the major basis for choice when buying a meat stuffer. The device with the maximum power output allows you to make a high number of sausages within a short period of time. If you are looking for relative to high speed, choose a device with a nominal power of between 400 W and 1000 W.
2. The Construction Material- the meat stuffers come in different materials such as alloy, aluminum, stainless steel, and plastic. The plastic material is prone to scratches and get damaged easily compared to stainless steel or other metallic materials.
3. The Nozzles- Choose a meat stuffer that comes with nozzles of different sizes. The different variation of nozzles enables the user to make different sizes of sausages.
4. The Speed Controls- A good meat stuffer should come with several speed controls. The speed variation comes in handy especially when working with large batch of meat.
5. The Air Release Valves- The air release valves are must in every electric meat stuffer. It allows the trapped air to escape. The air trapped in the sausage casing can cause breakage.
VEVOR Manual Sausage Stuffer Maker Vertical Meat Filler: The Best Manual Meat Stuffer for Both Home and Commercial Use
The VEVOR Manual Sausage Stuffer Maker Vertical Meat Filler made with top-quality stainless steel materials. The material and the design of the device ensures a high degree of sanitary in meat handling and processing. All the parts of the machine that come into contact with the food are compliant with the SGS food hygiene standards.
It comes in two speed settings, the slow and fast to help you make the stuffed meat efficiently and conveniently. The large capacity meat stuffer is suitable for both home and commercial use.
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Type: Vertical
- Operation: Manual
- Speed Variation: Slow / Fast
- Valve: Pressure Release Valve
- Capacity: 3 L / 4.4 lbs
- Cylinder Inner Diameter: 5.4 inches / 13.8 cm
- Cylinder Outer Diameter: 5.5 inches / 14 cm
- Cylinder Height: 7.9 inches / 20 cm
- Base Dimensions 12-inch x 9.6 inch / 30.5 x 24.5 cm (L x W)
- Nozzle Size: 0.63 inches / 16 mm, 0.87 inches / 22 mm, 0.98 inches / 25 mm, 1.26 inches / 32 mm, and 1.50 inches / 38 mm
- Overall Dimensions: 12″ x 9.6″ x 20.5″ / 30.5 x 24.5 x 52 cm (L x W X H)
- Total Weight: 19.8 lbs / 9 kg
- Food Grade Stainless Steel- the parts of the 3L Vertical Sausage Stuffer are made with strong and sturdy stainless steel. Parts of the machine made with stainless steel are the body, cylinder, base, and tubes. Additionally, all the parts meat stuffer meets the SGS food hygiene standards.
- It is Large Capacity and Easy to Clean- This is a vertical sausage machine equipped with a vertical stainless steel cylinder and holding a capacity of 3 liters / 4.4 lbs. The large capacity cylinder is capable of holding large portion of meat to save your working time. The design is easy and fast to disassemble and assemble for easy cleaning.
- Assorted Filling Tubes- the VEVOR manual meat stuffer machine comes with a five stainless steel filling tubes with different sizes. It is suitable for both commercial and home use. Additionally, you can use it for making sausages, hotdogs, and churros among other stuffed foods.
- Fast and Slow Filling Mode- the VEVOR Manual meat stuffing machine operates in two modes, the fast and slow, depending with the results you want to achieve. Also, it has a comfortable and ergonomic handle which allows you to use the machine for longer comfortably.
- 3L Large Capacity- the VEVOR manual meat stuffer has a large capacity of 3 L allowing you to make many sausages at once. The large capacity makes it suitable for large scale or for commercial use.
- Easy to Clean- the VEVOR vertical meat stuffer is easy to assemble and disassemble the parts for easy cleaning and for convenient storage. You can remove the cylinder, the filling tubes, the plunger, and the nozzles for easy cleaning.
- A Good design and Details- The vacuum comes with a modern and easy to set up design. It has a stable base to ensure the stability of the entire machine while in use. It has silicone seal rings for easy control of air in and out to balance the pressure effects. Also, the brackets are sealed with a nut making it more solid. In addition, the it has thick pressure plate which is not prone to getting deformed.
Pros and Cons
- It is easy to use
- Comes with Five assorted filling nozzles
- Easy to clean
- Large capacity
- Has two speed variations
- Made with superior quality food grade material with a great design
- It is large and bulky making it more suitable for commercial use.
Reasons to Buy the 3L Vertical Sausage Stuffer
- You will get to make high-quality sausages at the comfort of your home
- The VEVOR Sausage Stuffer 3L allows you to use the seasoning and the spices of choice when making the stuffed meat
- It comes with five different nozzles with different sizes (16 mm, 22 mm, 25 mm, 32 mm, and 38 mm)
- It is easy to use and clean.
- It is made with premium and food grade quality materials to serve you for a long time.
Different Types of Meat Stuffers
There are different types of meat stuffers also known as the sausage stuffers. When buying a meat stuffer, consider one that best fits your needs. Here are the three types of meat stuffers.
- Motorized or Electric Meat Stuffers- the electric meat stuffers are the easiest to use. Also, they are the best if you are making large quantities of sausages. Usually, you can easily adjust the speed of an electric meat stuffer to your pace. In most cases, the electric meat stuffers are more expensive compared to the other types of meat stuffer machines.
- Manual Stuffers- The manual meat stuffers are also known as the horn stuffers. You will need extra effort to make the stuffed meat. The manual meat stuffers are low cost and maintenance. It is great for people who does not require many sausages.
- Vertical Stuffers- The vertical stuffers are driven by a gear which helps you to stuff the meat quickly and with minimal efforts. Most vertical stuffers come with different speed adjustments to suit your needs.
FAQ About Electric Meat Stuffers
1.How to Use the Electric Meat Stuffer?
The electric meat stuffers are easy and effortless to use. The stuffing machine comes with a built-in circuit protector and the markings on the canister to indicate the amount remaining in the canister. Here are simple steps of using the machine.
Start by assembling or setting up the parts of the meat stuffer machine
Then add the already processed meat and seasoned into the canister
If you are suing a manual machine, shut the canister tightly and the gears will turn on.
The meat will be pushed down into the casing, forming the sausages.
2. How do you get the last meat out of the meat stuffer?
You can use a rice or a dry bread to get the last meat out of the stuffer. It passes through the stuffing tube to form a rice sausage. Most people prefer using rice as it looks good as a sausage.
3. What is the ideal size for the meat stuffer?
Some of the meat stuffers come with tubes of different sizes. For instance, the ½ inch tube is for making the small sized sausages, the ¾ inch tube is ideal for standard sized sausages, and the 1 ¼ inch tubes is for making large sausages or for filling the meat bags.